CAMBRIDGE COLLEGE LIMA
Av. Alameda de los Molinos 728-730,
La Encantada de Villa, Chorrillos, Lima, Peru.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
CAMBRIDGE COLLEGE LIMA is part of Inspired Education Holdings Limited, which is a company registered in England with number 09268120 and registered address in Sixth Floor, 3 Burlington Gardens, London, W1S 3EP, United Kingdom. Inspired operates numerous affiliated schools globally via its regional offices in Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia-Pacific and Latin America.
In accordance with the terms of the Personal Data Protection Law No. 29733, CAMBRIDGE COLLEGE LIMA provides information about how we are processing the personal data that you provide to us.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at the address email@example.com if you have any queries regarding the processing of your personal data.
2. TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS
We process personal data from our students and their families and / or legal representatives and from our employees, candidates, suppliers, contractors, prospective customers and third parties interested in finding out more about CAMBRIDGE COLLEGE LIMA.
The personal data processed is mainly the following:
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and other contact details;
- Family details;
- Nationality, location and language;
- Safeguarding information (such as court orders and professional involvement)
- Education and employment data;
- Images, audio and video recordings, including CCTV footage (video images);
- Financial information;
- Educational centres previously attended.
Other types of data we may collect and process, according to the school purposes, are related to health condition, criminal records and other sensitive information related to an individual, such as:
- Information about health status or provision of health care linked to a specific individual;
- Behavioural information;
- Special educational needs
- Criminal records linked to a specific individual;
- Biometric information;
- Sexual identity.
3. HOW WE COLLECT AND PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
CAMBRIDGE COLLEGE LIMA collects information in several ways, including:
- Personally and over the phone;
- Through our website, including information received through our online forms and cookies used in our site;
- From email and hand delivery paper documentation;
- Through online tools: such as apps, educational platforms and other software used by our staff;
- Through any CCTV cameras located at our premises or sites;
- Through third parties, such as legal authorised persons, professionals or authorities working with the individual;
4. LAWFUL BASIS TO PROCESS DATA
CAMBRIDGE COLLEGE LIMA processes personal data
1. Execution of a contractual relationship of which the interested party is part: Student admission and enrolment, provision of educational, academic, nursing, safeguarding and related services as well as sending communications related to educational activity as well as administrative and billing management necessary for the provision of the aforementioned services;
2. Compliance with our legal obligations: We must manage and store students’ parents and providers records as well as to attend requirements from the relevant competent authorities, in addition to the filing of legal actions;
3. Our legitimate interest: We may need to have statistical information, as well as to carry out satisfaction surveys and to promote our activities by sending commercial communications (in addition to your consent);
4. Your consent: We may need the consent of parents / legal guardian, or of the student over legal age to send commercial communications as well as taking and use images and videos to disseminate the student's participation in the School’s activities, or for promotional campaigns.
5. PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
CAMBRIDGE COLLEGE LIMA processes personal data to carry out the school’s educational activity. The school collects and keeps students and parents’ information when necessary to:
- Attend your enquiries properly;
- Ensure that the student meets the school’s admission criteria;
- Provide educational services including the support of pupil learning, monitor and report on pupil progress;
- Provide to the students welfare and pastoral care services;
- Supply to the students medical and nurse attention, catering service and school transportation, among other necessary services;
- Meet the educational, social, physical and emotional requirements of the student;
- Enable parents/guardians to be contacted in the case of emergency or in the case of school closure, or to inform parents of their child’s educational progress or about school events, etc.
- Manage Parent Association’s activities;
- Govern School’s Houses;
- Run memberships with other institutions;
- Provide support for University Admissions service;
- With the aim to celebrate school’s achievements and to keep a record of the student's stay in our school, CAMBRIDGE COLLEGE LIMA may take photographs and recorded images of students to be shared in, e.g. yearbooks, school website, etc, always based on informed consent from parents or students of legal age; With your consent, we can also share such images with Inspired Education Group for marketing purposes;
- Send commercial communications if previously authorised by the data subject. You will be able to unsubscribe from the receipt of commercial communications by clicking in the “unsubscribe” section found in all these communications.
If you want to send us your CV through the section “Careers”, you will have to create an account to make use of the employment platform and to send us your employment application. Your information will be shared with Inspired Education Group as the owner of the platform Global Careers Site in the terms exposed at: https://careers.inspirededu.com/data-privacy-statement and incorporated in the files owned by CAMBRIDGE COLLEGE LIMA as the data controller. The CAMBRIDGE COLLEGE LIMA Human Resources department will process your data with the purpose to include your candidacy in our selection processes.
6. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
When necessary to provide the services, or for compliance with a legal and / or contractual requirement, we must share your personal data with third parties such as service providers and / or public authorities, such as the Ministry of Education or other official entities.
Personal data may also be communicated to other school within Inspired Education Group, when necessary (for example, a language exchange with other school), which may use them for the same purposes already mentioned.
We may also communicate personal data to other third parties, in circumstances other than the above referred if there is the consent of the parents or legal guardian.
Your personal data shall be neither rented nor sold to third parties.
7. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
In the event that, for legitimate reasons in the execution of the educational contract (which could even include the use of applications or platforms offered outside Peru), personal data are transferred to countries outside Bahrain, we will implement the necessary safeguarding measures to ensure adequate protection of your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection regulations.
8. CONSERVATION OF DATA
Personal information will only be retained for the period of time required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected unless for a longer time for public interest archiving, scientific or historical research, or statistical purposes. Once the personal information is no longer required or permitted to be retained for legal or business purposes, it will be destroyed or made anonymous.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
Under the Law Nº 29733 you have rights (“ARCO” rights) regarding the processing of your personal data. These rights are, however, subject to certain exemptions and limitations.
You have the right to:
- Be informed, at the time when personal data is collected, about the data processing.
- Access the information we process and how we process it as well as to obtain a copy of the personal data considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Ask for the erasing of the personal data we hold about you without undue delay considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Obtain the rectification of your personal data providing a supplementary statement;
- Obtain restriction of processing of your personal data when it is inaccurate, illegal, unnecessary or not verified, considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Obtain data portability of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. This allows the right to transmit that data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data has been provided;
- Object to processing for direct marketing purposes;
- Withdraw your consent at any time and freely to the processing of your personal data. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Therefore, in accordance with the provisions of the Law, data subjects will be able to exercise their rights through by sending a written specific request, along with a copy of their ID card, to the Data Protection Officer’s email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will have the right and possibility to withdraw your consent for any specific purpose granted at any given time without prejudice of the legality of processing according to the consent given before withdrawal.
We will not collect and process, under any concept, data from individuals under legal age. Consent from parents or legal representatives will be always required.
12. STORING AND SECURING INFORMATION
The school shall use the appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and privacy of the personal data, preventing from unauthorised access or unlawful processing as well as accidental loss, destruction or damage of the files.
13. COMMON USE WITH SOCIAL NETWORKS AND PLATFORMS
This website contains links to parent’s portal and other useful links in addition to social networks like Instagram, and Facebook. Our School is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. You should be aware that the processing of your personal information is carried out by those sites and governed by their respective privacy policies.
If you do not want these sites to collect and process your information, please review their corresponding privacy policies and / or disconnect from it before using our Services.
14. COOKIES USED IN OUR WEBSITE
The Web server is allowed to remember some data concerning the user, such as his preferences for visiting the pages of this server, name and password, products that are more interesting, etc.
The Cookies that we use in our website and that require informed consent by the user are the functional cookies and the targeting cookies. Consent is not required for essential or required cookies, which are those of a technical nature necessary for the operation of the website or the provision of services expressly requested by the user.
You can get more information about the cookies we used by visiting our website cookies policy.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you would like to discuss anything regarding this privacy notice, or you believe we are processing your personal data disregarding the data protection regulations in force, any claim can be sent to our Data Protection Officer email@example.com or to the Peruvian data protection authority, General Directorate of Transparency, Access to Public Information and Protection of Personal Data (NDPA), at https://www.gob.pe/9271-denunciar-el-mal-uso-de-datos-personales.
16. PRIVACY NOTICE UPDATES
CAMBRIDGE COLLEGE LIMA may need to update this privacy notice periodically, so we recommend that you review this information from time to time.
This version was last updated in June 2023.